Savory Cabbage Slaw
- 6-7 cups chopped Savoy cabbage (approximately 1/2 a medium head)
- 2 carrots, grated
- 4 scallions, finely chopped into little rounds
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
Combine all vegetables in a large bowl. Pour dressing over the top. Use tongs to mix thoroughly. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving, to allow the slaw a chance to relax a little.
- 1 cup mayonnaise (for a lighter dressing, sub in Greek yogurt for half of the mayo)
- 1/3 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Whisk all ingredients together in a spouted measuring cup. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary. Pour over cabbage mixture.