Easy Garlic Sauteed Kale Rabe or Spinach
Easy Garlic Sautéed Kale Rabe or Spinach
- 1 1/2 pounds spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic (6 cloves), or you can use your ramps!
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Sea or kosher salt, optional
Rinse the spinach and/or kale raab well in cold water to make sure it’s very clean. Spin it dry in a salad spinner, leaving just a little water clinging to the leaves. In a very large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil and sauté the garlic/ramps over medium heat for about 1 minute, but not until it’s browned. Add all the spinach/kale raab, the salt, and pepper to the pot, toss it with the garlic and oil, cover the pot, and cook it for 2 minutes. Uncover the pot, turn the heat on high, and cook the spinach/raab for another minute, stirring with a wooden spoon, until all the spinach is wilted. Using a slotted spoon, lift the spinach to a serving bowl and top with the butter, a squeeze of lemon, and a sprinkling of sea or kosher salt. Serve hot.