PURPLE CARROT and APPLE SOUP
- 5 medium purple carrots, peeled, ends trimmed, and cut into 1 inch circles
- 2 medium sweet apples (such as Gala apples), peeled, cored and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1½ tsp. honey
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 16 ounces vegetable stock
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- Greek yogurt, optional
- Lavender salt (or Kosher salt), optional
Heat olive oil in a medium pot and set to medium heat. Add the purple carrots, apples, honey, and ginger to the pot and toss to combine. Add vegetable stock and simmer over medium heat. Let simmer for about 30 to 40 minutes. Once the carrots and apples are tender, take off of heat and let cool.
Using an immersion blender (or you can do it in batches in a regular blender), puree the soup until it is smooth. Add more vegetable stock if it is too thick. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Let the soup simmer for another 15 minutes before serving. Ladle into bowls and serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of lavender salt (or just regular kosher salt will do).