Flash Roasted Tomatoes
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 Tbs. thinly sliced shallot
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions, white and light green portions
- 1 1/2 Tbs. chopped fresh basil (optional)1 1/2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
Preheat an oven to 450°F. Combine the tomatoes and shallot on a baking sheet or in a shallow baking dish large enough to hold the tomatoes in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle evenly with the olive oil and stir to coat. Spread the tomatoes out evenly. Roast the tomatoes, stirring once, for 10 minutes. Gently stir in the green onions, basil and vinegar. Continue to roast until the tomatoes are softened but still hold their shape, about 5 minutes more. Transfer the tomatoes to a bowl. Serve warm or at room temperature. Serves 4.