Hot Spinach Dip
- 1 teaspoons olive oil, plus more for baking dish
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pounds spinach, cleaned, trimmed, and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Baguette slices, breadsticks, or crackers, for serving
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a Dutch oven or large pot, heat oil over medium. Add onion and garlic; cook until lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes.
Add spinach in two additions, letting the first batch wilt before adding the next; cook until completely wilted, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a colander; drain, pressing to release all excess liquid.
In the same pot, warm milk over high heat. Whisk in cream cheese until melted, about 3 minutes. Add spinach, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and 1/4 cup mozzarella; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a lightly oiled 8 inchs shallow baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella.
Bake until bubbly and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot with accompaniments, as desired.